These fun Christmas tree snacks are super quick and easy to make, healthy yet naturally sweet and especially loved by kids. They are perfect for taking along to kids’ end of year Christmas functions when you are asked to bring a plate for sharing.
I especially love how the Christmas tree trunk is a convenient handle for holding this treat to eat with no plates or cutlery required.
I usually serve a watermelon fruit platter of these fun and festive snacks on Christmas Day for the kids while the adults enjoy a watermelon salad and other Christmas salads. These watermelon Xmas trees are one of the best watermelon presentation ideas for Christmas and are always well appreciated by my younger guests.
You may also be interested in our Christmas Fruit Ideas article full of wonderfully festive and fun fruit presentation ideas for the festive season.
How To Make Watermelon Christmas Trees
Watermelon Christmas Tree Ingredients
- Seedless Watermelon Quarter/s
How To Cut Watermelon Christmas Trees
Step 1 – Buy already cut watermelon quarters
Whole watermelons can be hard to cut so buy already quartered watermelons to make things easier for yourself.
Step 2 – Slice the watermelon quarter
Cut the watermelon quarter into 1cm slices.
Step 3 – Cut each watermelon slice in half
Cut each watermelon slice in half so the triangles are more Christmas tree shape sized.
Step 4 – Cut the rind of the watermelon
Cut the rind of the watermelon triangles, removing the outer thirds so only a Christmas tree trunk-like base remains in the middle. I like cutting the trunks on a bit of an angle but you can cut them more vertically if you prefer.
Step 5 – Refrigerate until serving. ENJOY!
Watermelon Christmas Tree Recipe Card
- Seedless Watermelon Quarter
- Buy already cut watermelon quarters. Whole watermelons can be hard to cut so buying already quartered watermelons will make this so much easier for you.
- Cut the watermelon quarter into slices approximately 1cm thick.
- Cut each slice of watermelon into half lengthwise so the triangles are more Christmas tree shaped.
- Cut the rind of the watermelon triangles, removing the outer thirds to create a Christmas tree trunk on each piece.
- Refrigerate until serving. ENJOY!
You will need a sharp knife and a chopping board.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 23 caloriesTotal Fat: 0.11ggCarbohydrates: 5.66ggFiber: 0.3ggSugar: 4.65gg
Nutritional information is an ESTIMATE only and is calculated using an online nutrition calculator. Nutrition information will also vary depending on the size of your watermelon.
This article may contain compensated links. Please read our Legal Policy for more information.